COVID-19 Cambrian Extended Care Program
Please review the COVID-19 Cambrian Extended Care Handbook for all information regarding our extended care program during COVID-19. We know that change and uncertainty for what the future may bring requires much flexibility. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we navigate through this new frontier at Cambrian Extended Care!
Session 8: March 8th-March 12th, M-F, 3:00-6:00PM.
- Held at Farnham and Sartorette school sites.
- Registration is now open for Session 8.
Hybrid Spring Session 1: March 15th-April 16th, M-F, 3:00-6:00PM.
- Closed Spring Break (4/5-4/9).
- Held at Fammatre, Farnham, Price, Sartorette and Steindorf school sites.
- Registration is now open for Hybrid Spring Session 1.
At Cambrian Extended Care we believe wholeheartedly in Cambrian School District’s vision and mission of creating nurturing learning environments that honor and inspire the whole child. We are a community of learners and innovators who love to have fun in the process! We want your child to feel the safety and comfort of home while provided the opportunity to develop social, emotional and academic skills through enriched learning, sports and play!
Our staff of dedicated professionals strive to create a strong sense of community where your child feels safe to be who they are, while having the opportunity to make new friendships and participate in engaging hands-on activities. Our extended care center is open on all school days, staff development days and most school-year vacation times. Please see our extended care schedule and rates, as they vary to provide our families with flexibility throughout the school year.
- Daily nutritious snacks provided to support developing lifelong healthy habits.
- Dedicated homework/reading time and academic enrichment/ support.
- STEAM activities (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math).
- Social and Emotional Development and Learning- PBIS and Second Step Curriculum.
- Cultural Diversity Learning: Opportunities to learn about the world and different countries and communities through literature, celebrations, music, art, food and dance.
- Outdoor activities, sports and free play.
- Interest based projects, activities and games.
- Creative and imaginative play.
Sample Daily Schedule:
- 3:00-3:30: Staggered check in, indoor self directed activities, group meeting.
- 3:30-4:15: Outdoor activities, sports, supervised free-play, team building. snack.
- 4:15-5:00: Academic Enrichment/ Homework Support.
- 5:00-5:45: STEAM Activities (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics).
- 5:45-6:00: Clean up, staggered check out.