Cambrian Extended Care
At Cambrian Extended Care we believe wholeheartedly in Cambrian School District’s vision and mission of creating nurturing learning environments that honor and inspire the whole child. We are a community of learners and innovators who love to have fun in the process! We want your child to feel the safety and comfort of home while provided the opportunity to develop social, emotional and academic skills through enriched learning, sports and play!
Our staff of dedicated professionals strive to create a strong sense of community where your child feels safe to be who they are, while having the opportunity to make new friendships and participate in engaging hands-on activities. Our extended care center is open on all school days, staff development days and most school-year vacation times. Please see our extended care schedule and rates, as they vary to provide our families with flexibility throughout the school year.
Cambrian Expanded Learning Program/Extended Care
Through the Expanded Learning Opportunity Programs State Funding, families who qualify for the National School Lunch Program will be able to participate in all Cambrian Extended Care programs at no cost. For more information on how you can apply for the National School Lunch Program, please visit https://www.cambriansd.org/domain/268. Please note that for the 2021-22 school year, all breakfast and lunch will be complimentary for all students. As such, to find out if your child qualifies for the Cambrian Expanded Learning/Extended Care Program at no cost, parents MUST complete the Alternative Household Income Form.
Extended Care School Year 2021-2022 Helpful Links:
Extended Care School Year 2022-2023 Helpful Links:
- Dedicated homework/reading time and academic enrichment/ support.
- STEAM activities (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math).
- Social and Emotional Development and Learning- PBIS and Second Step Curriculum.
- Outdoor activities, sports and free play.
- Interest based projects, activities and games.
- Creative and imaginative play.
Sample Daily Schedule:
- Site Dismissal-3:30: Staggered check in, snack, indoor self directed activities, group meeting.
- 3:30-4:15: Outdoor activities, sports, supervised free-play, team building.
- 4:15-5:00: Academic Enrichment/ Homework Support.
- 5:00-5:45: STEAM Activities (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics).
- 5:45-6:00: Clean up, staggered check out.